Hope to succeed and not give up
I have always tried to set goals in my life to no avail in succeeding at them. I make this list in hopes of succeeding and quit being a quitter. I need to stop giving up seconds before the miracle happens and work hard at obtaining what I desire. so here is a list of some of my goals with more to follow shortly:
1. Graduate from school…not sure with what degree but atleast finish school successfully
2. become a peer counselor and give back so much of what I have been givng.
3. Acheive stability for atleast a 1 year time frame.
4. Develop more friendships and intimatcy in my relationships.
5. Learn to let go of my past and begin living in the moment.
6. Let go of anger, hurt, and resentment.
7. write a book of my life story to give others hope.
8. Be able to talk about my secrets and work through them towards recovery.
9. Live one day at a time without escape, avoidance, and using anything to numb me
10. Learn to accpet myself and not try to be someone I am not.
a big goal of mine
leanr to let go
work through my childhood secrets and expose my past to others and maybe help them gain some hope from it all. This blog is not to gain criticism and more pain but to hopefully be able to let go of some of my shame, pain, hurt, and guilt. This is a difficult step for me in my life and I am hoping to really be able to work through alot of this stuff and get something from it all. I know that with exposure brings more pain before the peace will come and sometimnes that is scary. For me this is not the first tim e I have tried to work through this stuff in life and I am sure it is not the last time but I hope it will help me and I will stick with it long enough for me to gain the strength others in the world have by letting the secrets out and working through the pain that I have run from and avoided for so many yearsd. I am in therapy but never really have dealt with any of it I also am hoping to really do some work with my therapist on this stuff over the next few months while I ma not taking any classes this summer and I am taking a retreat and going to be camping in my friends yard in the middle of nature. I am hoping all this will help me find some inner peace and maybe some confidence in myself and in life.